LEGALON forte capsules, liver cirrhosis, cirrhosis of the liver
Areas of LEGALON forte capsules, liver cirrhosis, cirrhosis of the liver application:
- Chronic inflammatory liver diseases, supportive treatment
- Liver cirrhosis, supportive treatment
- Liver damage caused by liver toxins Instructions for
use LEGALON forte capsules, liver cirrhosis, cirrhosis of the liver:
The total dose should not be exceeded without consulting a doctor or pharmacist.
Type of application?
Take the medicine with liquid (e.g. 1 glass of water).
Duration of use?
The duration of use depends on the type of symptoms and/or the course of the disease. Ask this in doubt, your doctor or pharmacist.
There are no known overdose symptoms. If in doubt consult your doctor.
Forgot to take?
Continue taking it as normal (i.e. not double the amount) at the next prescribed time.
In general, pay attention to a conscientious dosage, especially for infants, small children and the elderly. If in doubt, ask your doctor or pharmacist about any effects or precautions.
A dosage prescribed by the doctor may deviate from the information on the package leaflet. Therefore, since the doctor adjusts them individually, you should use the medicine according to his instructions.
Mode of action:
How does the ingredient in the drug work?
The ingredients come from the milk thistle plant and act as a natural mixture. About the plant itself:
- Appearance: Up to 2 m high thistle with large dark green-white marbled leaves and striking purple flowers
- Occurrence: Europe, mainly sunny, rather barren locations in the Mediterranean region
- Main ingredients: Silymarin, which is a mixture of different active ingredients (silibinin, silychristin, silydanin)
- Plant parts and preparations used: extracts and tinctures from herbs and fruits
. Milk thistle fruits in particular have pronounced liver-protecting properties. On the one hand, its ingredients protect the liver from numerous toxins, such as alcohol. At the same time, they also intercept harmful substances and promote the formation of new liver cells. In addition, milk thistle reduces the formation of inflammatory substances in the body.
What speaks against an application?
- Hypersensitivity to the ingredients
Which age group should be considered?
- Children under 12 years of age: The medicine must not be used.
What about pregnancy and lactation?
- Pregnancy: consult your doctor. Various considerations play a role in whether and how the drug can be used during pregnancy.
- Breast-feeding: consult your doctor or pharmacist. He will examine your particular starting position and advise you accordingly as to whether and how you can continue breastfeeding.
If you have been prescribed the drug despite a contraindication, talk to your doctor or pharmacist. The therapeutic benefit can be higher than the risk that the use involves in the event of a contraindication.
What side effects can occur?
- Gastrointestinal problems, such as:
- Hypersensitivity reactions of the skin, such as:
- skin rash
- attacks of shortness of breath
. If you notice any discomfort or change during treatment, contact your doctor or pharmacist.
For the information at this point, side effects are primarily taken into account that occur in at least one in 1,000 patients treated.
Important LEGALON forte capsules, liver cirrhosis, cirrhosis of the liver information:
What should you consider?
- Be careful if you are allergic to the solvent polyethylene glycol (E number E 431)!
- There may be medicines with which interactions occur. You should therefore generally tell your doctor or pharmacist about any other medicine you are already using before starting treatment with a new medicine. This also applies to medicines that you buy yourself, use only occasionally or have been using for some time.
For medicines: Read the leaflet on the risks and side effects and ask your doctor or pharmacist.