Levoceti-AbZ 5 mg levocetirizine dihydrochloride, allergies, allergy film-coated tablets
Active substance: levocetirizine dihydrochloride.
Fields of application: Levocetirizine dihydrochloride is the active ingredient in Levocetirizine ratiopharm. It is used to treat allergies and is used to treat symptoms of allergic diseases such as hay fever; year-round allergies such as house dust or pet allergies and chronic hives.
Warning: Contains lactose!
For levocetirizine dihydrochloride, allergies, allergy risks and side effects, read the leaflet and ask your doctor or pharmacist.
For the treatment of symptoms of allergic diseases.
active LEVOCETI-AbZ, levocetirizine dihydrochloride, allergies, allergy ingredients
- 5 mg levocetirizine dihydrochloride
LEVOCETI-AbZ, levocetirizine dihydrochloride, allergies, allergy excipients
- cellulose, microcrystalline
- 63.5 mg lactose-1 water
- Silica, colloidal
- magnesium stearate
- titanium dioxide
- Macrogol 400
LEVOCETI-AbZ, levocetirizine dihydrochloride, allergies, allergy indication
- Levocetirizine dihydrochloride is the active ingredient of the drug. It is used to treat allergies.
It is used to treat symptoms of allergic diseases such as
- hay fever
- year-round allergies such as house dust or pet allergies
- chronic hives
LEVOCETI-AbZ, levocetirizine dihydrochloride, allergies, allergy dosage
- Always take this medicine exactly as your doctor has told you. Check with your doctor or pharmacist if you are not sure.
Adults and children from 6 years
- The recommended dose for adults and children over 6 years of age is 1 film-coated tablet daily.
Special dosing instructions for specific patient groups
Kidney and liver disorders
- Patients with severely impaired kidney function should not take the preparation.
- Patients with impaired kidney function and patients with impaired liver and kidney function may receive a lower dose, which depends on the severity of the kidney disease and, in children, also on the body weight. The dose will be determined by your doctor.
- Patients with hepatic impairment only should take the recommended dose (1 film-coated tablet daily).
- Kidney and liver disorders
Elderly patients over 65 years of age
- No dose adjustment is necessary in elderly patients provided renal function is normal.
Application in children
Use is not recommended for children under 6 years of age.
- Use is not recommended for children under 6 years of age.
How long should you take the supplement?
- The duration of use depends on the type, duration and course of your symptoms. Please ask your doctor or pharmacist for advice.
If you take more than you should
- If you take more than you should, drowsiness may occur in adults. Children may experience excitement and restlessness first, followed by drowsiness.
- If you suspect an overdose, please notify your doctor. This will decide on any measures that may be necessary.
If you forget to take a dose
- Do not take a double dose to make up for a forgotten dose of the preparation. Take the next dose at the next scheduled time.
If you stop taking it
- Stopping treatment with Levocetirizine ratiopharm should not produce any harmful effects. However, in rare cases, pruritus (severe itching) may occur after you stop taking the drug, even if these symptoms were not present before treatment. The symptoms can disappear spontaneously. In some cases, the symptoms can be very intense and require re-treatment. After resuming treatment, the symptoms should disappear.
- If you have any further questions on the use of this medicine, ask your doctor or pharmacist.
LEVOCETI-AbZ, levocetirizine dihydrochloride, allergies, allergy way
- To take.
- The tablet should be swallowed whole with water. It can be taken with or without meals.
side LEVOCETI-AbZ, levocetirizine dihydrochloride, allergies, allergy effects
- Like all medicines, this medicine can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them.
- At the first sign of a hypersensitivity reaction, stop taking the product and tell your doctor. Symptoms of a hypersensitivity reaction may include: swelling of the mouth, tongue, face and/or throat, difficulty breathing or swallowing (chest tightness or wheezing), hives, sudden drop in blood pressure leading to collapse or shock, which can be deadly.
Common side effects (may affect up to 1 in 10 people):
- dry mouth
Uncommon side effects (may affect up to 1 in 100 people):
- stomach pain
Not known (cannot be estimated from the available data):
- appetite increase
- aggressive or agitated behavior, seeing or hearing things that are not real (hallucination), depression, insomnia, frequent thoughts or preoccupations with suicide
- Spasms, tingling, dizziness, sudden loss of consciousness, tremor, abnormal sense of taste
- rotary vertigo
- visual disturbances, blurred vision, oculogyration (uncontrollable, circular movement of the eyes)
- Palpitations or racing heart, accelerated heartbeat
- shortness of breath
- nausea, vomiting, diarrhea
- Inflammation of the liver (hepatitis), abnormal liver function tests
- Difficult or painful urination, incomplete emptying of the bladder
- red spots that appear in the same place on the skin or mucous membranes each time the medicine is taken
- Pruritus (itching), rash, hives (swelling, redness and itching of the skin)
- Pruritus (severe itching) after stopping
- muscle pain, joint pain
- swelling due to fluid buildup in the tissues (edema)
- weight gain
- If you get any side effects, talk to your doctor or pharmacist. This also applies to side effects that are not specified
LEVOCETI-AbZ, levocetirizine dihydrochloride, allergies, allergy interactions
Taking with other medicines
- Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are taking/using any other medicines, have recently taken/used or might take/use any other medicines.
Take with food, drink and alcohol
- Caution is advised if the preparation is taken with alcohol or other drugs that affect the brain.
- In susceptible patients, concomitant use of the drug and alcohol or other agents that affect the brain may cause an additional decrease in alertness and impaired performance.
LEVOCETI-AbZ, levocetirizine dihydrochloride, allergies, allergy Contraindications
The preparation must not be taken
- if you are allergic to levocetirizine, cetirizine, hydroxyzine or any of the other ingredients of this medicine.
- if you have severely reduced kidney function (severe renal insufficiency with a creatinine clearance below 10 ml/min).
pregnancy LEVOCETI-AbZ, levocetirizine dihydrochloride, allergies, allergy and breast feeding period
- If you are pregnant or breast-feeding, think you may be pregnant or are planning to have a baby, ask your doctor or pharmacist for advice before taking this medicine.
patient LEVOCETI-AbZ, levocetirizine dihydrochloride, allergies, allergy notes
Warnings and Precautions
Please talk to your doctor or pharmacist before taking this product
- If you suffer from impaired kidney function, please ask your doctor for advice; if necessary, you will take a lower dose. Your doctor will determine the new dose.
- If you may not be able to empty your bladder completely (such as with a spinal cord injury or an enlarged prostate), please ask your doctor for advice.
- If you suffer from epilepsy or are at risk of convulsions, please ask your doctor for advice, as the use of the preparation could increase convulsions.
- If you are planning to have an allergy test, you should ask your doctor whether you should stop using the product several days before the test. This medicine can affect the result of your allergy test.
- The use of the preparation is not recommended for children under 6 years of age, since the film-coated tablets do not allow dose adjustment.
- Please talk to your doctor or pharmacist before taking this product
Ability to drive and use machines
- Some patients may experience drowsiness/drowsiness, tiredness and exhaustion during therapy. Caution should be exercised when driving or using machines until you know how this medicine affects you.
- In special studies, however, no impairment of the attention, the ability to react and the ability to drive in healthy test subjects was found when levocetirizine was taken at the recommended dose.