Levocetirizine dihydrochloride STADA allergic rhinitis
Levocetirizine STADA ® 5 mg film-coated tablets
For use in adults, adolescents and children from 6 years.
Levocetirizine dihydrochloride Area of
For the symptomatic treatment of allergic diseases.
For information Levocetirizine dihydrochloride STADA allergic rhinitis on risks and side effects, read the package insert and ask your doctor or pharmacist.
For the relief of nasal and ocular symptoms in seasonal and perenial allergic rhinitis.
Active Levocetirizine dihydrochloride STADA allergic rhinitis ingredients
- 5 mg levocetirizine dihydrochloride
Auxiliary Levocetirizine dihydrochloride STADA allergic rhinitis materials
- Cellulose, microcrystalline
- 64 mg lactose-1 water
- Magnesium stearate (vegetable)
- Macrogol 400
- Titanium dioxide
Indication / Levocetirizine dihydrochloride STADA allergic rhinitis application
- Levocetirizine dihydrochloride is the active ingredient of the drug.
- It is used to treat allergies.
For the treatment of signs (symptoms) in:
- allergic rhinitis (including persistent allergic rhinitis);
- Hives (urticaria).
Levocetirizine dihydrochloride STADA allergic rhinitis dosage
- Always take this medicine exactly as described or exactly as instructed by your doctor or pharmacist. Check with your doctor or pharmacist if you are not sure.
The recommended dose is at
- Adults and children from 6 years of age 1 film-coated tablet daily.
Special dosage instructions for special patient groups:
Patients with kidney and liver disorders
- Patients with impaired kidney function may receive a lower dose depending on the severity of the kidney disease and, in children, also on body weight. The dose will be determined by your doctor.
- Patients with severely impaired kidney function should not take the preparation.
- Patients with only hepatic impairment should take the normal prescribed dose.
- Patients with impaired liver and kidney function may receive a lower dose depending on the severity of the kidney disease and, in children, also on body weight. The dose will be determined by your doctor.
Elderly patients over 65 years of age
- No dose adjustment is required in the elderly if renal function is normal.
Use in children
- It is not recommended for children under 6 years of age.
- Patients with kidney and liver disorders
How long should you take the medicine?
- The duration of treatment depends on the type, duration and course of your symptoms and is determined by your doctor.
If you take more than you should
- Adults may feel drowsy if they take more than they should. Children may initially feel agitated and restless, followed by sleepiness.
- If you suspect an overdose, please notify your doctor. The latter will decide on any measures that may be required.
If you forget to take a dose
- Do not take a double dose to make up for a forgotten dose. This also applies if you have taken a lower amount than prescribed by your doctor. Take the next amount at the next scheduled time.
If you stop taking it
- Stopping use should not cause any harmful effects. However, in rare cases, pruritus (severe itching) may occur after stopping use, even if these symptoms were not present before treatment. Symptoms can go away spontaneously. In some cases, symptoms can be very intense and require treatment to be restarted. Symptoms should go away when treatment is restarted.
- If you have any further questions on the use of this medicine, ask your doctor or pharmacist.
Levocetirizine dihydrochloride STADA allergic rhinitis way
How and when should you take the medicine?
- To take.
- The film-coated tablets should be swallowed whole with water. It can be taken with or without food.
Levocetirizine dihydrochloride STADA allergic rhinitis Side effects
- Like all medicines, this medicine can have side effects, although not everybody gets them.
Common side effects: may affect up to 1 in 10 people
- Dry mouth, headache, tiredness, and drowsiness / drowsiness
Uncommon side effects: may affect up to 1 in 100 people
- Exhaustion and abdominal pain
Not known: frequency cannot be estimated from the available data
- that are not real (hallucination), depression, insomnia, frequent thoughts of or preoccupation with suicide, nightmare, inflammation of the liver (hepatitis), abnormal liver function tests, vomiting, increased appetite, nausea and diarrhea have also been reported. Pruritus (severe itching) after stopping.
- At the first signs of a hypersensitivity reaction, stop taking and inform your doctor. Symptoms of a hypersensitivity reaction may include: swelling of the mouth, tongue, face and / or throat, difficulty breathing or swallowing (chest tightness or wheezing), hives, sudden drop in blood pressure leading to collapse or shock, what can be fatal.
- If you get any side effects, talk to your doctor or pharmacist. This also applies to side effects that are not specified.
Levocetirizine dihydrochloride STADA allergic rhinitis Interactions
Taking with other medicines
- Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are taking / using, have recently taken / used, or may take / use any other medicines.
Take with food, drink and alcohol
- Caution should be exercised when the medicine is taken with alcohol or other brain-acting agents.
- In susceptible patients, concomitant use of this medicine and alcohol or other brain-acting agents could lead to an additional decrease in alertness and decreased performance.
- This medicine can be taken with or without food.
Levocetirizine dihydrochloride STADA allergic rhinitis Contraindications
Do not take the medicine
- if you are allergic to levocetirizine dihydrochloride, cetirizine, hydroxyzine or any of the other ingredients of this medicine.
- if your kidney function is severely impaired (severe renal insufficiency with a creatinine clearance below 10 ml / min).
pregnancy Levocetirizine dihydrochloride STADA allergic rhinitis and breast feeding period
- Ask your doctor or pharmacist for advice before taking this medicine if you are pregnant or breast-feeding, if you suspect you may be pregnant or planning to become pregnant.
Levocetirizine dihydrochloride STADA allergic rhinitis Patient information
Warnings and Precautions
- Please talk to your doctor or pharmacist before taking this preparation.
- If you may not be able to empty your bladder completely (such as a spinal cord injury or an enlarged prostate), please ask your doctor for advice.
- If you have epilepsy or are at risk of seizures, please ask your doctor for advice as the use of this medicine could make seizures worse.
- If you are planning to have an allergy test, you should ask your doctor whether you should interrupt the use for several days. This medicine can affect the results of your allergy test.
- It is not recommended for children under 6 years of age as the dose cannot be adjusted with the film-coated tablets.
Driving and using machines
- Some patients may experience drowsiness / drowsiness, tiredness and exhaustion during therapy with the drug. Use caution when driving or using machines until you know how this medicine affects you. In special studies, however, no impairment of the alertness, the ability to react or the ability to drive in healthy test persons was found when taking levocetirizine at the recommended dose.