Moronal, oral thrush treatment, Suspension
Active ingredients: Nystatin 100,000 IU/ml
For the local treatment of oral thrush and to reduce the yeast reservoir in the intestine (''intestinal rehabilitation'') in the case of yeast infestation. Particularly suitable for infants, small children and patients with swallowing difficulties.
For local treatment of oral thrush.
active oral thrush treatment ingredients
- 100000 IU nystatin
MORONAL, oral thrush treatment, suspension excipients
- 500 mg sucrose
- methyl 4-hydroxybenzoate
- propyl 4-hydroxybenzoate
- disodium hydrogen phosphate
- carmellose sodium
- Ethanol 96% (v/v)
- peppermint oil
- cherry flavor
- water, purified
- 0.2 mg benzyl alcohol
Indication/ MORONAL, oral thrush treatment, suspension Application
- The medicine contains the active substance nystatin, which is indicated for the treatment of fungal infections (antifungal) of the skin and mucous membranes.
- The medicinal product is used for the local treatment of oral thrush and for the cleansing of the intestines in the case of yeast infestation.
- Particularly suitable for newborns, small children and patients with swallowing difficulties.
- If you do not feel better or worse after 7 days, contact your doctor.
MORONAL, oral thrush treatment, suspension dosage
Always use this medicine exactly as described or as your doctor or pharmacist has told you. Check with your doctor or pharmacist if you are not sure.
The recommended dose is:
- In children (>/= 2 years) and adults, depending on the severity of the disease, drip 0.5 - 1.5 ml of the suspension into the mouth 4 times a day after meals.
- Newborns (0 to 4 weeks) and small children (1 month to 2 years) receive 0.5 - 1 ml suspension 4 times a day.
- In the case of seriously ill patients, treatment with broad-spectrum antibiotics, corticosteroids or cytostatics increases the risk of a yeast infection in the gastrointestinal tract. In these patients, a prophylactic treatment at the same dosage is indicated to prevent the growth of yeasts in the intestine.
- The recommended dose is:
duration of use
- For oral thrush, treatment should be continued for 2-3 days after the visible signs of the disease have disappeared.
- In the case of yeast infections of the gastrointestinal tract, the treatment should generally be carried out for 2 weeks.
- Please talk to your doctor or pharmacist if you have the impression that the effect of the medicine is too strong or too weak.
If you take more than you should
- Very little information is available on overdose with oral nystatin. Since absorption from the gastrointestinal tract into the body after oral administration is negligible, even at high doses, side effects of nystatin on the organism are not to be expected, even in the event of an overdose. If necessary, the usual measures for the removal of drugs from the gastrointestinal tract should be taken.
If you forget to take a dose
- Do not take a double dose to make up for a forgotten dose.
If you stop taking it
- You could jeopardize the success of the treatment.
- Please talk to your doctor or pharmacist before stopping treatment with the medicine.
- If you have any further questions on the use of the medicine, ask your doctor or pharmacist.
MORONAL, oral thrush treatment, suspension way
- After meals, drip the medicine into the mouth with the pipette and spread it in the mouth for at least 1 minute so that the entire oral cavity is well wetted.
- After application in the mouth, the drug is swallowed and is then used to cleanse the intestines.
- If there is no oral thrush, the suspension can be swallowed immediately or administered via a stomach tube in the case of seriously ill people with swallowing difficulties.
- In these cases, the suspension can also be given before meals.
- For use in the oral cavity and for oral use.
- Please shake the bottle vigorously before use. Then use the pipette to draw up the suspension up to the desired marking line (0.5 or 1 ml).
side MORONAL, oral thrush treatment, suspension effects
Like all medicines, this medicine can have side effects, although not everyone gets them.
The evaluation of side effects is based on the following frequency information:
- Very common: affects more than 1 in 10 people
- Common: affects 1 to 10 users in 100
- Uncommon: affects 1 to 10 users in 1,000
- Rare: affects 1 to 10 users in 10,000
- Very rare: affects less than 1 in 10,000 people
- Not known: frequency cannot be estimated from the available data
possible side effects
- Common: Gastrointestinal complaints, nausea, vomiting and diarrhea
- Uncommon: skin rashes, hives (urticaria), hypersensitivity reactions
- Rare: Stevens-Johnson syndrome (fever and painful blistering of the skin and mucous membranes)
- If a hypersensitivity reaction occurs, the medicinal product should be discontinued and, if necessary, appropriate treatment should be carried out by a doctor.
- The evaluation of side effects is based on the following frequency information:
- If you get any side effects, talk to your doctor or pharmacist. This also applies to side effects that are not specified.
Using the medicine with other medicines
- Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are taking/using any other medicines, have recently taken/used or might take/use any other medicines.
MORONAL, oral thrush treatment, suspension Contraindications
The medicine must not be taken
- if you are allergic to nystatin or a related drug (amphotericin B, natamycin) or any of the other ingredients of this medicine.
- to treat systemic (affecting the internal organs) fungal infections.
pregnancy MORONAL, oral thrush treatment, suspension and breast feeding period
- If you are pregnant or breast-feeding, think you may be pregnant or are planning to have a baby, ask your doctor or pharmacist for advice before using this medicine.
- Nystatin, the active substance of the drug, is hardly absorbed in therapeutic doses after oral administration through the intact skin or through the mucous membranes.
- Nystatin does not cross the placenta and is not expected to be excreted in breast milk.
- The drug can be used during pregnancy and lactation after benefit/risk assessment.
patient MORONAL, oral thrush treatment, suspension notes
Warnings and Precautions
- Please talk to your doctor or pharmacist before using this medicine.
- Due to the high osmolarity of nystatin, its use in very underweight and immature preterm infants is not recommended.
Ability to drive and use machines
- There is no experience of impairment of the ability to drive and use machines.