MYKODERM healing zinc nystatin fungal diseases ointment
Mycoderm ® ointment
ingredients: Nystatin, zinc oxide
Applications: For yeast infections that can manifest as diaper rash, for example in the body folds such as the groin region of the skin.
For MYKODERM healing zinc nystatin fungal diseases ointment information on risks and side effects, read the package insert and ask your doctor or pharmacist.
Information as of June 2010
Engelhard Arzneimittel GmbH & Co.KG,
Herzbergstr. 3, 61138 Niederdorfelden
Against yeast-specific fungal diseases.
MYKODERM healing zinc nystatin fungal diseases ointment Active ingredients
- 100,000 IU of nystatin
- 100 mg zinc oxide
MYKODERM healing zinc nystatin fungal diseases ointment Auxiliary materials
- Base gel, hydrophobic
What is Mydoderm® healing ointment and what is it used for?
Mykoderm® Heilsalbe is a medicine against yeast-specific fungal diseases Mykoderm® Heilsalbe is used for yeast infections of the skin, which can manifest as diaper rash in the folds of the body such as the groin region.
How should Mydoderm® healing ointment be used?
Always use Mykoderm® Heilsalbe exactly as instructed in this leaflet. Please ask your doctor or pharmacist if you are not sure.
Unless otherwise prescribed by the doctor, Mykoderm® healing ointment is used as follows:
Apply the ointment 2-3 times a day - in the morning, (at noon) and in the evening - to the diseased areas of the skin; in babies up to 4 times a day, each time before changing a diaper.
Method of application
For use on the skin.
MYKODERM healing zinc nystatin fungal diseases ointment Duration of application
The ointment should be used for a minimum of 1 week, an average of 2-4 weeks, and longer if necessary.
Please talk to your doctor or pharmacist if you have the impression that the effect of Mykoderm® healing ointment is too strong or too weak.
What does Mykoderm® Healing Ointment contain?
The active ingredients are: nystatin and zinc oxide.
1 g ointment contains:
- Nystatin 100,000 IU
- Zinc oxide 100 mg
The other ingredients are:
polyethylene - thick paraffin (5:95)
MYKODERM healing zinc nystatin fungal diseases ointment Application advice:
- Apply Mykoderm® healing ointment up to 4 times a day on the diseased skin areas. Do not massage in.
- Do not use any other wound ointment in addition, it could reduce the effectiveness of Mykoderm® Healing Ointment!
- Wash hands thoroughly with warm water and soap after treatment. This removes residues of Mykoderm® healing ointment, but also any fungal spores.
- Do not use any powder in addition to Mykoderm® healing ointment on weeping areas of the skin.
- If the treatment was not possible (e.g. when traveling) or was forgotten, do not apply Mykoderm® healing ointment more often or thickly than indicated in these instructions.
MYKODERM healing zinc nystatin fungal diseases ointment Duration of application:
- The duration of treatment is a minimum of 1 week, on average 2-4 weeks, longer if necessary.
- Treatment should be continued for 1-2 weeks after the main symptoms have disappeared in order to destroy all fungal spores.
Special tips for treating small children with Myoderm® healing ointment
- Thoroughly cleanse the affected skin using warm water and mild, alkali-free soap.
- You should always use fresh, boilable washcloths or disposable towels to avoid spreading the infection.
- If possible, let your child lie or crawl around naked for a few minutes. In this way, the skin dries completely and the symptoms are alleviated. Air and sun support healing.
- Always use a fresh diaper
- Do not use a diaper a second time, no matter how dry it appears.
Apply Mykoderm® healing ointment.
- To do this, take about 1-2 cm of the ointment (sufficient for the sore bottom) in your hand and distribute the ointment in a thin layer on the diseased areas. Do not massage in.
Be careful with fruits and fruit juices during the treatment period.
- The substances excreted in the urine can also irritate the skin. If the child is breastfed, the mother should also avoid citrus fruits and spicy foods.
MYKODERM healing zinc nystatin fungal diseases ointment Mandatory information :
Mykoderm® healing ointment
Active ingredients: nystatin, zinc oxide
MYKODERM healing zinc nystatin fungal diseases ointment Areas of application:
For yeast infections of the skin, which can manifest as diaper rash, for example in the body folds such as the groin region.
For information on risks and side effects, read the package insert and ask your doctor or pharmacist.
MYKODERM healing zinc nystatin fungal diseases ointment Manufacturer:
Engelhard Arzneimittel GmbH & Co.KG.