MYKODERM oral thrush Miconazole gel
Mykoderm ® mouth gel
gel for use in the oral cavity
Active ingredient: Miconazole
Areas of application: For the treatment of yeast infections of the oral mucosa (oral thrush).
For MYKODERM oral thrush treatment Miconazole gel information on risks and side effects, read the package insert and ask your doctor or pharmacist.
Information as of June 2011
Engelhard Arzneimittel GmbH & Co.KG,
Herzbergstr. 3, 61138 Niederdorfelden
Against yeast infections of the oral mucosa.
MYKODERM oral thrush treatment Miconazole gel Active ingredients
- 20 mg miconazole
MYKODERM oral thrush treatment Miconazole gel Auxiliary materials
- Polysorbate 20
- Sodium saccharine
- Potato starch
- Flavors, natural, nature-identical
- Ethanol 96% (V / V)
- Purified water
MYKODERM oral thrush treatment Miconazole gel Indication / application
- The medicine is an antifungal (anti-fungal agent).
- The medicine is used for yeast infections of the lining of the mouth (oral thrush).
MYKODERM oral thrush treatment Miconazole gel dosage
Always use the medicine exactly as directed. Please ask your doctor or pharmacist if you are not sure.
- A measuring spoon with a small (1 ml) and a large (2 ml) volume is included for correct dosing.
Unless otherwise prescribed by your doctor, the usual dose is:
- 1 small measuring spoonful of gel 4 times a day (equivalent to 1 ml, equivalent to 1.25 g gel, containing 25 mg per single dose).
Children and adults:
- 1 large measuring spoonful of gel 4 times a day (equivalent to 2 ml, equivalent to 2.5 g gel, containing 50 mg per single dose; maximum daily dose 20 mg / kg body weight).
Duration of application
- The duration of therapy is an average of 1-2 weeks.
- Please talk to your doctor or pharmacist if you have the impression that the effect of the medicine is too strong or too weak.
If you use more medicine than you should:
- If you have applied too much medicine, no consequences are to be expected. However, if you notice any unusual symptoms, please contact your doctor.
If you forget to use the medicine:
- Make up for a forgotten treatment and continue therapy as usual.
If you stop using the medicine:
- The treatment should be carried out to the end, even after the symptoms have been resolved. The infection can persist and may break out again if the drug is stopped too soon.
- If you have any further questions on the use of the medicinal product, please ask your doctor or pharmacist.
MYKODERM oral thrush treatment Miconazole gel way
- The oral gel is administered 4 times throughout the day and applied to the mucous membrane. For oral thrush, take after meals.
- The gel should be kept in the mouth for as long as possible and then swallowed.
MYKODERM oral thrush treatment Miconazole gel Side effects
Like all medicines, this can have side effects, although not everybody gets them.
When evaluating side effects, the following frequencies are used as a basis:
- Very common: more than 1 in 10 people
- Common: less than 1 in 10 but more than 1 in 100 patients
- Uncommon: less than 1 in 100 but more than 1 in 1000 patients
- Rare: less than 1 in 1,000 but more than 1 in 10,000 treated
- Very rare: less than 1 in 10,000 treated or unknown
Possible side effects:
- Occasionally, you may feel sick. Diarrhea can occur after prolonged use.
- When evaluating side effects, the following frequencies are used as a basis:
- Please inform your doctor or pharmacist if any of the side effects gets serious, or if you notice side effects not listed here.
MYKODERM oral thrush treatment Miconazole gel Interactions
When using the drug with other drugs:
- The effect of oral anticoagulants, oral antidiabetic agents or centrally acting substances (antiepileptic agents) is increased.
- When combined with systemic antifungal agents, side effects may be exacerbated. If miconazole and amphotericin B are used at the same time, the effect of amphotericin B can be inhibited.
- Simultaneous administration of ciclosporin and miconazole can lead to an increase in the blood level of ciclosporin.
- The kinetics of the aminoglycoside tobramycin can be changed.
- Please inform your doctor or pharmacist if you are taking / using or have recently taken / used any other medicines, including medicines obtained without a prescription.
MYKODERM oral thrush treatment Miconazole gel Contraindications
The drug must not be used
- if you are allergic (hypersensitive) to miconazole or any of the other ingredients of the drug.
MYKODERM oral thrush treatment Miconazole gel pregnancy and breast feeding period
- The drug should not be used during pregnancy and breastfeeding, as insufficient knowledge is available in humans.
MYKODERM oral thrush treatment Miconazole gel Patient information
Driving and using machines
- There are no special precautions required.