allergic rhinitis, CROMO-RATIOPHARM nasal spray preservative-free
pack size:15ml Dosage form:nasal dosing spray
Nasal spray, CROMO-RATIOPHARM nasal spray preservative-free, allergic rhinitis, Cromo-ratiopharm Nasal Spray
Active substance: cromoglicic acid disodium salt.
Areas of application:
Allergic colds (allergic rhinitis).
For risks and side effects, read the leaflet and ask your doctor or pharmacist.
active Nasal spray, CROMO-RATIOPHARM nasal spray preservative-free, allergic rhinitis ingredients
- 20 mg cromolyn acid, disodium salt
Nasal spray, CROMO-RATIOPHARM nasal spray preservative-free, allergic rhinitis excipients
- water for injections
- disodium edetat-2 water
- Sodium hydroxide for pH adjustment
- The preparation is a medicine against allergic rhinitis.
- It is used for perennial allergic cold (rhinitis) and hay fever (seasonal allergic rhinitis).
dosage Nasal spray, CROMO-RATIOPHARM nasal spray preservative-free, allergic rhinitis
- Always use this medicine exactly as described or as your doctor or pharmacist has told you. Check with your doctor or pharmacist if you are not sure.
The recommended dose is
- The following information applies unless your doctor has prescribed the medicine differently. Please follow the instructions for use, otherwise the medicine cannot work properly.
- Adults and children use 1 spray in each nostril up to 4 times a day.
- The daily dose can be increased if necessary, the frequency of application should not exceed 1 spray into each nostril 6 times a day.
- After the therapeutic effect is achieved, the dosing interval can be lengthened as long as freedom from symptoms is maintained.
- After good stabilization of the clinical symptoms, an attempt at stepwise dose reduction is justified.
- In some patients, at the beginning of the treatment, the additional administration of decongestant nasal drops or systemic antiallergic drugs over a short period of time can be useful. Please discuss with your doctor whether this applies to you.
duration of use
Even after the symptoms have subsided, you should continue the treatment for as long as you
are exposed to the allergenic substances (house dust, fungal spores, pollen, etc.).
- Even after the symptoms have subsided, you should continue the treatment for as long as you
If you use more than you should
- No specific overdose reactions are known after administration and are not to be expected with this type of administration.
If you forgot the application
- Should you forget to use it, no special measures are required. Continue therapy with the same dosage at the next time point. If necessary, you can also use the medicine between two scheduled times.
- Do not apply twice if you forget the previous application.
If you cancel the application
- If possible, the treatment should be carried out regularly for as long as you are exposed to the substances that cause your allergies.
- If you stop treatment, your symptoms may get worse or come back.
- If you have any further questions on the use of this medicine, ask your doctor or pharmacist.
Nasal spray, CROMO-RATIOPHARM nasal spray preservative-free, allergic rhinitis way
- The preparation is intended for local use in the nose only.
How to use the nasal spray
- Remove the protective cap.
- Gently blow your nose to clear the nostrils.
- Close one nostril and insert the nosepiece into the other nostril. Tilt your head slightly forward and hold the bottle upright.
- Then insert the spray opening of the fine dosing device into the nostril and press the spray mechanism once firmly. Repeat this step for the other nostril.
- See instructions for use for more information!
- Like all medicines, this medicine can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them.
possible side effects
Uncommon (may affect up to 1 in 100 people)
- slight, temporary irritation in the nose (stinging nose)
Rare (may affect up to 1 in 1,000 people)
- temporary impairment of taste
Very rare (may affect up to 1 in 10,000 people)
- swelling of the mucous membrane
- tongue swelling
- shortness of breath
Not known (cannot be estimated from the available data)
- laryngeal swelling
- swelling of the skin without itching, especially on the face (angioedema)
- severe hypersensitivity reactions (with itching, spasm of the bronchial muscles [bronchospasm])
- These symptoms subside spontaneously after discontinuation of the drug.
- Uncommon (may affect up to 1 in 100 people)
- If the symptoms are severe, especially if you suspect hypersensitivity to the drug, you should consult a doctor.
- If you get any side effects, talk to your doctor or pharmacist. This also applies to side effects that are not specified.
Nasal spray, CROMO-RATIOPHARM nasal spray preservative-free, allergic rhinitis interactions
Use together with other medicines
- No interactions are known.
- Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are taking/using, have recently taken/used or might take/use any other medicines.
The preparation must not be used
- if you are allergic to sodium cromoglicate or any of the other ingredients of this medicine.
pregnancy and breast feeding period
- If you are pregnant or breast-feeding, think you may be pregnant or are planning to have a baby, ask your doctor or pharmacist for advice before taking/using this medicine.
- There are no indications of a teratogenic effect of the drug either from animal studies or from previous experience with humans.
- Nevertheless, for fundamental reasons, you should only use the preparation during pregnancy if your doctor deems it necessary.
- The active ingredient passes into breast milk in small amounts. Therefore, you should only use the preparation during breast-feeding if your doctor deems it necessary.
Warnings and Precautions
- Please talk to your doctor or pharmacist before using this product.
Ability to drive and use machines
- There are no special precautions required.