PASCORBIN 750 mg ascorbic acid 5ml injection Vitamin C Type of application?
It should only be used by qualified personnel.
Duration of application?
The duration of use depends on the type of symptoms and / or the course of the disease. It should therefore be determined in consultation with your doctor.
PASCORBIN 750 mg ascorbic acid 5ml injection Vitamin C Overdose?
Intravenous injection of high doses can lead to acute kidney failure due to kidney stones and, in patients with a glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase deficiency, premature breakdown of red blood cells (haemolysis), especially with impaired kidney function. If you suspect an overdose, contact a doctor immediately.
The general rule is: Pay attention to a conscientious dosage, especially with infants, small children and the elderly. If in doubt, ask your doctor or pharmacist about any effects or precautionary measures.
A dosage prescribed by a doctor may differ from the information on the package insert. Since the doctor will tailor them individually, you should therefore use the medicine according to his instructions.
PASCORBIN 750 mg ascorbic acid 5ml injection Vitamin C dosage
Since the dosage of the drug depends on various factors, it should be individually tailored to you by your doctor.
Patients with renal impairment: In consultation with your doctor, you may need to reduce the individual or total dose or increase the dose interval.
Ask your doctor or pharmacist for advice.
PASCORBIN 750 mg ascorbic acid 5ml injection Vitamin C application areas
The drug is mainly given in the case of vitamin C deficiency when this cannot be remedied nutritionally or can be compensated for by oral drug administration.
- Vitamin C Deficiency
- Decreased oxygen transport of red blood cells (methaemoglobinaemia) in childhood
How does the ingredient of the medicine work?
The active ingredient is water-soluble vitamin C. It supports the immune system in the fight against pests and, together with vitamin E, makes aggressive oxygen compounds and so-called free radicals harmless. Less serious illnesses such as a cold or a flu-like infection are positively influenced. In addition, it accelerates blood clotting, keeps some toxic heavy metals in check and enables the body to absorb more iron from the intestines. In addition, the active ingredient can act as a buffer and thus contributes to making a drug more digestible.
PASCORBIN 750 mg ascorbic acid 5ml injection Vitamin C composition:
Based on 5 ml solution = 1 ampoule
750 mg ascorbic acid
+ Sodium hydrogen carbonate
+ Sodium bicarbonat
4,2 mmol Natrium-Ion
+ Water for injections
What speaks against an application?
- Hypersensitivity to the ingredients
- Kidney stones from calcium oxalate
- Iron storage disease, such as:
- Genetically caused disorder of hemoglobin formation (thalassemia)
Iron storage disease with organ damage (hemochromatosis) - Anemia with impaired iron utilization (sideroblastic anemia)
Under certain circumstances - speak to your doctor about this or pharmacist:
- Impaired kidney function
- Dialysis (hemodialysis)
- Glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase deficiency (special inherited metabolic disease)
- Signs of a respiratory disease (respiratory symptom)
Which age group should you watch out for?
- Adults: In this age group, the drug should only be used for certain areas of application. Please ask your doctor or pharmacist, if you have questions regarding this topic.
What about pregnancy and lactation?
- Pregnancy: contact your doctor. Various considerations play a role as to whether and how the drug can be used during pregnancy.
- Breast-feeding: contact your doctor or pharmacist. He will examine your particular situation and advise you accordingly whether and how you can continue breastfeeding.
If the medicine has been prescribed for you despite a contraindication, talk to your doctor or pharmacist. The therapeutic benefit may be greater than the risk of contraindication.
What adverse effects may occur?
- Allergic hypersensitivity of the respiratory tract
- Skin reaction
- Circulatory disorder, e.g.
- Worsening of vision
- Chills, in the case of acute infections
- Increased body temperature, in the case of current infections If you notice
a disorder or change during treatment, contact your doctor or pharmacist.
For the information at this point, side effects that occur in at least one in 1,000 patients treated are primarily taken into account.