Perenterol ® forte 250 mg capsules
Active ingredient: dried yeast from Saccharomyces cerevisiae HANSEN CBS 5926 (synonym: Saccharomyces boulardii).
Areas of application: For the treatment of the symptoms of acute diarrheal diseases. For the prevention and treatment of the symptoms of travelers' diarrhea and diarrhea under tube feeding. As an accompanying treatment for long-standing forms of acne. For children from 2 years and adults in self-medication. For children under 2 years of age only after consulting a doctor.
For information on risks and side effects, read the package insert and ask your doctor or pharmacist.
- Strong against diarrhea - good for the intestines; suitable for acute diarrhea, traveler's diarrhea and antibiotic diarrhea
- Contains the medicinal yeast Saccharomyces boulardii
- Binds the pathogens and excretes them
- Stabilizes the intestinal flora and regenerates the intestine
- Relieves inflammation and calms the intestines
Strong against diarrhea - good for the intestines
Perenterol ® forte 250 mg has proven to be a reliable and natural aid for diarrhea. The medicine is suitable both for the treatment of acute diarrhea and for prevention (when traveling) and can be used in adults and children from 2 years of age.
The contained medicinal yeast Saccharomyces boulardii binds the diarrhea pathogens and helps to expel them from the body. In addition, the detoxification and regeneration of the intestine is supported and fluid loss is reliably reduced.
Good to know: Perenterol ® forte 250 mg is also suitable for the treatment of antibiotic-related diarrhea (AAD).
Tip: Perenterol is specially designed for children® Junior 250 mg is available in a practical powder form.
Medicinal yeast Saccharomyces boulardii: Naturally effective
The unique active ingredient in Perenterol ® forte 250 mg is the special medicinal yeast Saccharomyces boulardii. This natural medicinal substance impresses above all with its broad spectrum of action and good tolerance. Particularly noteworthy: S. boulardii does not impair the natural bowel movement, so it does not "paralyze" the bowel. A clear plus compared to some anti-diarrheal drugs. S. boulardii works so comprehensively in diarrhea:
- Binds diarrhea pathogens and helps to eliminate the pathogens from the body
- Neutralizes bacterial toxins
- Prevents excessive fluid loss
- Supports the regeneration of the intestines
- Has anti-inflammatory and immune-stimulating effects (stimulation of the intestinal immune system)
- Stabilizes the intestinal flora
The effectiveness of medicinal yeast has been proven by numerous clinical studies (Shan, LS et al., Benef Microbes. 2013; 4: 329-34 / Höchter, W. et al., Münch med. Wochenschr 1990, 132: 188-92 / Kollaritsch, HH et al., Münch med Wochenschr. 1988, 38: 671-4.).
Due to the good tolerance of the medicinal yeast S. boulardii, Perenterol ® forte is also suitable for people with sensitive intestines and for children from 2 years of age. Even toddlers from 6 months can benefit from Perenterol ® Junior after consulting their doctor .
Worth knowing: In Perenterol ®forte 250 mg, S. boulardii is in lyophilized form. Lyophilization is a unique manufacturing process, at the end of which there are real "high-performance yeasts" that are reactivated more quickly and do not have to be stored in a cool place. So ideal for on the go and when traveling.
Use of Perenterol ® forte 250 mg capsules
Unless otherwise prescribed by your doctor, the usual dose of Perenterol ® forte 250 mg capsules for children from 2 years of age and adults:
- Treatment of acute diarrhea: 1 capsule 1 to 2 times a day
- Prevention of traveler's diarrhea: 1 capsule 1 to 2 times a day, starting 5 days before departure
Take the capsules whole with sufficient liquid (e.g. a glass of water) before meals.
Please also refer to the package insert and ask your doctor or pharmacist.