VITALIPID Adult Emulsion Ampoules, Phytomenadione, ergocalciferol
pack size:10X10ml Dosage form:ampoules
VITALIPID Adult Emulsion Ampoules.
active Phytomenadione, ergocalciferol, VITALIPID Adult Emulsion Ampoules ingredients
- 0.15 mg phytomenadione
- 1.94 mg retinol palmitate
- 0.01 mg ergocalciferol
- 9.11 mg DL-α-tocopherol
Phytomenadione, ergocalciferol, VITALIPID Adult Emulsion Ampoules excipients
- water for injections
- 1000 mg soybean oil, refined for parenteral use
- Sodium hydroxide for pH adjustment
- 120 mg lecithin (egg)
- 220 mg glycerol
Phytomenadione, ergocalciferol, VITALIPID Adult Emulsion Ampoules indication
- The drug is an emulsion and is used to cover the daily requirement for the fat-soluble vitamins A, D2 , E and K1 in adults and children over the age of 11 as part of parenteral nutrition.
dosage Phytomenadione, ergocalciferol, VITALIPID Adult Emulsion Ampoules
- Always use the preparation exactly as your doctor has told you. Please check with your doctor or pharmacist if you are not sure.
- Unless otherwise prescribed, 10 ml of the drug is recommended to cover the daily requirement of adults and children over 11 years of age.
duration of use
- Treatment can be continued throughout parenteral nutrition. It is used as long as a substitution with fat-soluble vitamins is necessary.
- If you have any further questions on the use of the medicine, ask your doctor or pharmacist.
Phytomenadione, ergocalciferol, VITALIPID Adult Emulsion Ampoules way
- For intravenous infusion
- The drug must not be used in concentrated form, but is intended as an additive to a suitable fat emulsion. For this purpose, 10 ml of the prescribed amount of fat emulsion for parenteral nutrition is carefully mixed within one hour before the infusion is started under hygienic conditions. The infusion is carried out in the manner prescribed for the fat emulsion.
- The preparation can also be used to dissolve Soluvit ® N. For this purpose, 10 ml of the drug are added to the dry substance in 1 bottle of Soluvit ® N under hygienically perfect conditions. The solution is then mixed into the fat emulsion.
- Like all medicines, this can cause side effects, although not everyone gets them.
The evaluation of side effects is based on the following frequency information:
- Very common: more than 1 in 10 people treated
- Common: less than 1 in 10 but more than 1 in 100 people treated
- Uncommon: less than 1 in 100 but more than 1 in 1000 people treated
- Rare: less than 1 in 1,000 but more than 1 in 10,000 people treated
- Very rare: less than 1 in 10,000 people treated, including isolated cases
- Excipients may, in rare cases, cause severe allergic reactions
- Please inform your doctor or pharmacist if you notice any side effects that are not listed.
When used with other medicines:
- Please inform your doctor or pharmacist if you are taking/using or have recently taken/used other medicines, even if they are non-prescription medicines.
The drug contains vitamin K 1 , which can reduce the effect of anticoagulant therapy with coumarin derivatives.
- Careful monitoring of the coagulation status is therefore necessary during treatment with anticoagulants (anticoagulants).
- In the preparation, the fat-soluble vitamins A, D 2 , E and K 1 are dissolved in the oil phase of a fat emulsion. It serves as an additive to a suitable fat emulsion, whereby the emulsion is retained. The medicinal product must not be mixed with electrolyte solutions or other purely aqueous infusion solutions, as there is a risk of the emulsion breaking and large fat particles entering the bloodstream.
The medicine must not be used in
- Hypervitaminosis (A, D 2 , E and K 1 ).
- Hypersensitivity to the contained vitamins or any of the other ingredients
pregnancy and breast feeding period
- Ask your doctor or pharmacist for advice before taking/using any medicine.
patient Phytomenadione, ergocalciferol, VITALIPID Adult Emulsion Ampoules notes
Particular caution is required when using:
- The drug must not be administered undiluted.
- Monitoring of the plasma vitamin concentrations is recommended for long-term use as well as for liver dysfunction and renal insufficiency (changed vitamin requirements).
- In the case of parenteral nutrition, a daily intake of water-soluble vitamins in the amount of the recommended daily requirement is to be ensured. Increased losses of water-soluble vitamins (e.g. in the case of hemodialysis) can make a higher intake necessary.
- The preparation only covers the normal daily requirement of fat-soluble vitamins. Existing vitamin deficiencies are to be compensated for in a targeted manner.