Pyralvex solution, rhubarb root, salicylic acid
pack size:10ml Dosage form:solution
Active ingredients: dry extract of rhubarb roots, salicylic acid
Areas of PYRALVEX solution, rhubarb root, salicylic acid application:
For the temporary treatment of painful and inflammatory conditions of the oral mucosa, especially blisters, as well as for the supportive symptomatic treatment of gingivitis.
Contains alcohol (59.5% ethanol by volume).
Against inflammation of the gums and oral mucosa.
active PYRALVEX solution, rhubarb root, salicylic acid ingredients
- 50 mg rhubarb root dry extract (1:0.15); Extraction agent: ethanol 60%
- 10 mg salicylic acid
PYRALVEX solution, rhubarb root, salicylic acid excipients
- Ethanol 96% (v/v)
- water, purified
Indication/ PYRALVEX solution, rhubarb root, salicylic acidApplication
- The medicine is a herbal medicine.
- It is a solution for use in the oral cavity.
The solution is applied
- for the temporary treatment of painful, inflammatory conditions of the oral mucosa, especially rashes on the lips and oral mucosa in the form of yellowish-white spots (aphthae).
- for temporary, supportive, symptomatic treatment of gum inflammation (gingivitis).
rhubarb root, salicylic acid dosage
- Always use this medicine exactly as your doctor or pharmacist has told you. Check with your doctor or pharmacist if you are not sure.
Adults and adolescents from 12 years:
- Treat inflamed areas in the oral cavity with the solution 3 times a day.
duration of use
- The duration of use depends on the type, severity and course of the disease. Do not use the medicine for more than 14 days without medical advice. If you do not see any improvement after 14 days, please contact your doctor. Please talk to your doctor or pharmacist if you have the impression that the effect is too strong or too weak.
If you use more than you should
- You can remove the medicine by rinsing your mouth with water.
- Salicylates can have a harmful effect if the stated frequency of use is exceeded.
If you forgot the application
- Do not apply a double dose to make up for a forgotten application. Continue treatment as directed or as directed. If you have any further questions on the use of this medicine, ask your doctor or pharmacist.
PYRALVEX solution, rhubarb root, salicylic acid way
- After eating and brushing your teeth, the solution is applied to the mucous membrane areas to be treated using the brush integrated in the container.
- Then the mouth should not be rinsed out for at least 15 minutes. Nothing should be eaten or drunk immediately after the application.
side PYRALVEX solution, rhubarb root, salicylic acid effects
- Like all medicines, this medicine can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them.
Possible side effects:
Immune system disorders:
Very rare (less than 1 in 10,000 people treated)
- Allergic reaction
- Very rare (less than 1 in 10,000 people treated)
Diseases of the gastrointestinal tract:
Common (affects 1 to 10 users in 100)
- Temporary discoloration of the teeth and oral mucosa
- After taking rhubarb extract orally, a laxative effect occurs that is used therapeutically with other medicines. In connection with the use of the drug, a laxative effect cannot be ruled out, but it has not been observed so far.
- Common (affects 1 to 10 users in 100)
Skin and subcutaneous tissue disorders:
- Not known (cannot be estimated from the available data)
- Rash and hives
General disorders and administration site conditions:
Very common (affects more than 1 in 10 people)
- Temporary local burning at the application site
- Very common (affects more than 1 in 10 people)
- Immune system disorders:
Reporting of side effects
- If you get any side effects, talk to your doctor, pharmacist or nurse.
PYRALVEX solution, rhubarb root, salicylic acid interactions
Use together with other medicines
- Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are using, have recently used or might use any other medicines, including medicines obtained without a prescription.
PYRALVEX solution, rhubarb root, salicylic acid Contraindications
The preparation must not be used
- if you are allergic (hypersensitive) to the active substances or any of the other ingredients.
- if you suffer from alcohol dependence.
- in children under 12 years of age, as there is an association between internally acting salicylates and Reye's syndrome in children. Reye's Syndrome is a very rare disease that damages the brain and liver and can be fatal. No confirmed cases of Reye's syndrome have been reported in association with topical salicylates.
pregnancy and breast feeding period
pregnancy and breast feeding period
- Since the safety of using the medicine during pregnancy and breast-feeding has not been proven, you should not use the preparation unless your doctor considers it clearly necessary. If this is the case, the drug should only be applied to small areas.
- Ask your doctor or pharmacist for advice before taking/using any medicine.
patient PYRALVEX solution, rhubarb root, salicylic acid notes
Warnings and Precautions
- It is important to ensure that you do not exceed the specified application frequency. Salicylates can be harmful if the specified frequency of use is exceeded.
- Discoloration of teeth, fillings and dentures
- Children under the age of 12 should not use the medicine.
Driving and using machines
- There are no special precautions required.