RIVANOL 1.0g body cavities powder
For antiseptic rinsing of wounds and body cavities.
active RIVANOL for body cavities ingredients
- 1000 mg ethacridine lactate-1 water
RIVANOL for body cavities excipients
Indication/ RIVANOL for body cavities Application
- The preparation is a so-called antiseptic, which means that it acts locally on the skin and wounds against a large number of disease-causing bacteria and fungi and is used, for example, against wound infections. When applied locally, it inhibits the growth of the bacterial wall and thus leads to the rapid death of the pathogens.
- The solution made from the preparation is used for antiseptic rinsing of wounds and body cavities; can also be used in the mouth and throat.
RIVANOL for body cavities dosage
- Always use the preparation exactly as directed.
- Please check with your doctor or pharmacist if you are not sure.
The usual dose is:
- To prepare a 0.1% solution, dissolve the contents of 1 sachet in 1 liter of warm water while stirring, to prepare a 0.05% solution, dissolve the contents of 1 sachet in 2 liters of water. If you have warmed the solution, it must be cooled back to room temperature before use.
duration of use
- Do not use the preparation for more than 7 days without medical advice.
- Please talk to your doctor or pharmacist if you have the impression that the effect is too strong or too weak.
If you use more than you should:
- So far, no cases of poisoning have become known during use.
If you forgot the application:
- The application should be made up for as soon as possible.
If you cancel the application:
- You could jeopardize the success of the treatment. Please talk to your doctor or pharmacist before stopping treatment.
- If you have any further questions on the use of the medicine, ask your doctor or pharmacist.
RIVANOL for body cavities way
- The solution can be applied as a poultice, rinse or, for example, in the form of a hand bath. The general dosage guideline is: allow the 0.1% solution to act locally for at least 30 minutes twice a day.
RIVANOL for body cavities side effects
Like all medicines, the preparation can have side effects, but these do not necessarily occur in everyone treated. The evaluation of side effects is based on the following frequency information:
- Very often more than 1 in 10 people treated
- Often affects 1 to 10 users in 100
- Uncommon: 1 to 10 users in 1,000
- Rarely affects 1 to 10 users in 10,000
- Very rarely affects less than 1 in 10,000 people
- Not known Frequency cannot be estimated from the available data.
possible side effects
- Rarely, especially in connection with sunlight, allergic skin reactions can occur, which disappear quickly after stopping the solution. Swelling of the face, itchy nettle-like rash, headache and mild cramps have rarely been observed.
- Inflammatory skin reactions may occasionally occur.
- If any of the side effects gets serious, or if you notice any side effects that are not listed, please tell your doctor or pharmacist.
RIVANOL for body cavities interactions
- Please inform your doctor or pharmacist if you are taking/using or have recently taken/used other medicines, even if they are non-prescription medicines.
- The preparation and the solution made from it must not be mixed with another skin drug or applied to the skin at the same time, as incompatibilities between the two skin drugs can occur. If in doubt, ask your doctor or pharmacist for advice.
- The preparation must not be used in the case of known hypersensitivity to ethacridine lactate, other acridine derivatives or the excipient.
- The solution made from the preparation must not be used in the eye area.
pregnancy and breast feeding period
- The preparation should not be used during pregnancy, as there are insufficient studies on teratogenic effects.
- Since it is not known whether the substance passes into breast milk, it should not be used when breastfeeding.
- Ask your doctor or pharmacist for advice before taking/using any medicine.
patient RIVANOL for body cavities notes
Particular caution in use is required
- The solution should be prepared as freshly as possible before use.
- Envelopes and bandages are intended for single use only. With repeated use, the concentration of the active substance in the solution would increase significantly due to evaporation. This could lead to local irritation and possibly hypersensitivity to the active substance.
Driving and using machines
- There is no experience of impairment of the ability to drive and use machines.