Rivanol solution, antiseptic cleaning solution for wonds 0.1%
Rivanol solution 0.1% contains 100 mg ethacridine lactate in 100 ml water
Areas of application:
For local use as an antiseptic.
For risks and side effects, read the package insert and ask your doctor or pharmacist.
For local use as an antiseptic.
active antiseptic cleaning solution for wonds ingredients
- 1.05 mg ethacridine lactate-1 water
antiseptic cleaning solution for wonds excipients
- water, purified
Indication/ antiseptic cleaning solution for wondsApplication
- The preparation is a disinfectant/antiseptic.
- It is applied locally as an antiseptic.
antiseptic cleaning solution for wonds dosage
- Always use the medicine exactly as directed. Please check with your doctor or pharmacist if you are not sure.
- The usual dose is: Apply the undiluted solution to the skin twice a day for at least 30 minutes.
duration of use
- Do not use the solution for more than 7 days without medical advice.
- Please talk to your doctor or pharmacist if you have the impression that the effect of the preparation is too strong or too weak.
If you use more than you should
- You can continue treatment with the indicated dosage. In the case of a short-term overdose, no impairments are to be expected.
If you forgot the application
- Do not apply a double dose to make up for a forgotten application.
If you cancel the application
- You could jeopardize the success of the treatment. Please talk to your doctor or pharmacist before stopping treatment.
- If you have any further questions on the use of the medicine, ask your doctor or pharmacist.
antiseptic cleaning solution for wonds way
- For application on the skin.
side antiseptic cleaning solution for wonds effects
Like all medicines, the preparation can have side effects, but these do not necessarily occur in everyone treated. The evaluation of side effects is based on the following frequency information:
- Very common: affects more than 1 in 10 people
- Common: affects 1 to 10 users in 100
- Uncommon: affects 1 to 10 users in 1,000
- Rare: affects 1 to 10 users in 10,000
- Very rare: affects less than 1 in 10,000 people
- Not known: frequency cannot be estimated from the available data.
possible side effects
- Rarely, especially in connection with sunlight, allergic skin reactions can occur, which disappear quickly after stopping the solution.
- Swelling of the face, itchy nettle-like rash, headache and mild cramps have rarely been observed.
- Inflammatory skin reactions may occasionally occur.
- If any of the side effects gets serious, or if you notice any side effects that are not listed, please tell your doctor or pharmacist.
antiseptic cleaning solution for wonds interactions
- Please tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are taking/using other medicines or have recently taken/used them, even if they are non-prescription medicines.
- Do not mix the preparation with other solutions, otherwise flocculation may occur.
- The preparation must not be used if you are hypersensitive (allergic) to ethacridine lactate and other acridine derivatives.
- It must not be used in the eye area.
pregnancy antiseptic cleaning solution for wonds and breast feeding period
- Experiments with ethacridine lactate on animals could not demonstrate the occurrence of malformations. There is no experience of the safety in humans with use during pregnancy and lactation. It is not known whether ethacridine lactate monohydrate is excreted in human milk. The preparation should therefore not be used during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
- Ask your doctor or pharmacist for advice before taking/using any medicine.
patient antiseptic cleaning solution for wonds notes
- There are no special precautions required.
Driving and using machines
- There is no experience of impairment of the ability to drive and use machines.