Softens relieves rough dry skin, ELACUTAN urea cream
Active Softens relieves rough dry skin, ELACUTAN urea cream substance:
Urea is a substance that occurs naturally in the skin, but is no longer present in sufficient quantities when the skin is dry. Urea products in this concentration cause the skin to be able to store more moisture again.
Elacutan Cream has a particularly fast effect for acute cases.
To relieve dry skin.
active Softens relieves rough dry skin, ELACUTAN urea cream ingredients
- 100 mg urea
Softens relieves rough dry skin, ELACUTAN urea cream excipients
- Glycerol 85%
- cetearyl glucoside
- cetylstearyl alcohol
- Triglycerides, medium chain
- Paraffin, thin liquid
- stearic acid
- citric acid
- Sodium hydroxide for pH adjustment
- water, purified
Softens relieves rough dry skin, ELACUTAN urea cream indication
- The drug is a horny layer softening and moisture-regulating cream.
The preparation is used:
- to alleviate dry skin conditions (exsiccations), which can also result in pathological changes, e.g. B. in neurodermatitis (atopic dermatitis), aging skin or ichthyosis [congenital cornification disorders (fish scale disease)],
- for basic treatment during symptom-free intervals in neurodermatitis (atopic eczema).
Softens relieves rough dry skin, ELACUTAN urea cream dosage
- Always use the medicine exactly as directed. Please check with your doctor or pharmacist if you are not sure.
Unless otherwise prescribed by the doctor, the usual dose is:
- The cream is applied 1-3 times a day.
duration of use
- The duration of the treatment depends on the clinical findings and the treating doctor decides on the duration of the application.
- No clinical data are available for a duration of use of the preparation longer than 3 weeks.
If you forget to use the preparation
- Do not apply a double dose to make up for a forgotten application.
- If you have any further questions on the use of the medicine, ask your doctor or pharmacist.
Softens relieves rough dry skin, ELACUTAN urea cream way
- For application on the skin
- Like all medicines, the preparation can have side effects, but these do not necessarily occur in everyone treated.
- Irritation of the skin is possible if acutely inflammatory skin conditions are not treated with the preparation as intended.
- Please tell your doctor or pharmacist if any of the listed side effects gets serious, or if you notice any side effects that are not listed.
Softens relieves rough dry skin, ELACUTAN urea cream interactions
When using the preparation with other medicines
- Please inform your doctor or pharmacist if you are taking/using or have recently taken/used other medicines, even if they are non-prescription medicines.
- The urea contained in the preparation can increase the release of active substances from other externally applied medicines and their penetration into the skin. This is particularly well known from corticosteroids, dithranol and 5-fluorouracil.
When using the preparation together with food and drinks
- Not applicable.
The drug must not be used
- if you are allergic (hypersensitive) to urea or any of the other ingredients of the preparation,
- for the treatment of acute weeping or inflammatory skin diseases.
- The preparation should not be used to treat abraded, acute skin inflammation.
- In the case of renal insufficiency, the preparation should not be used over a large area.
pregnancy and breast feeding period
- Risks during pregnancy and lactation are not known.
- The preparation should not be used in the breast area during breastfeeding.
- Ask your doctor or pharmacist for advice before taking/using any medicine.
patient Softens relieves rough dry skin, ELACUTAN urea cream notes
Particular caution is required when using the preparation
- Do not bring the preparation into contact with the eyes and mucous membranes.
Driving and using machines
- There are no special precautions required.