SYSTRAL Hydrocort 0.5% hydrocortisone cream
Systral Hydrocort 0.5% cream
Active substance: hydrocortisone
Areas of application:
All skin diseases that respond to treatment with corticoids, such as inflammatory, allergic or itchy dermatoses (skin inflammation, eczema).
For allergic & inflammatory skin diseases.
active hydrocortisone cream ingredients
- 5 mg hydrocortisone
hydrocortisone cream excipients
- stearic acid
- 100 mg propylene glycol
- sorbitan stearate
- Polysorbate 60
- hard fat
- water, purified
Indication/ hydrocortisone creamApplication
- The medicine is a cream for use on the skin for inflammatory and allergic skin diseases.
- The cream is used for inflammatory and allergic skin diseases with few symptoms that respond to external therapy with weakly effective corticosteroids (max. 2 weeks).
SYSTRAL Hydrocort 0.5% hydrocortisone cream dosage
- Always apply the cream exactly as directed. Please check with your doctor or pharmacist if you are not sure.
Unless otherwise prescribed by the doctor, the following dosage applies:
- The cream is applied thinly to the affected area two to three times a day and rubbed in gently. After the improvement has occurred, the cream usually only needs to be applied once a day or every 2nd or 3rd day. Even after the symptoms have subsided, the cream should be used for a few more days to prevent the disease from flaring up again.
- The cream is intended for short-term use on the skin (max. 2 weeks) in adults and children over 6 years of age.
- The duration of treatment depends on the success of the therapy. A treatment duration of more than two weeks may only take place with medical supervision.
- Please talk to your doctor or pharmacist if you have the impression that the effect is too strong or too weak.
If you use more than you should
- So far no symptoms of poisoning are known. In the event of an overdose, side effects may occur more frequently. If you notice any side effects that seriously affect you, please contact your doctor immediately so that he can take the necessary measures immediately.
If you forgot the application:
- If you have used too little of the cream or have forgotten an application, you should continue the treatment as usual the next time and do not apply the cream more often or thicker.
Effects when treatment is stopped
- In order to achieve a successful treatment, you should carry out the application for a sufficiently long time. Therefore, talk to your doctor if you want to stop the treatment prematurely.
SYSTRAL Hydrocort 0.5% hydrocortisone cream way
- Apply the cream thinly to the affected areas two to three times a day and rub in gently.
- When using on the face, make sure that the cream does not get into the eyes.
SYSTRAL Hydrocort 0.5% hydrocortisone cream side effects
- Like all medicines, this medicine can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them.
- Very common (affects more than 1 in 10 people)
- Common (affects 1 to 10 users in 100)
- Uncommon (affects 1 to 10 users in 1,000)
- Rare (affects 1 to 10 users in 10,000)
- Very rare (less than 1 in 10,000 people treated)
- Not known (cannot be estimated from the available data)
- Burning, itching, and a feeling of tightness in hypersensitivity to hydrocortisone or any of the other ingredients may occur.
- In the case of prolonged use prescribed by the doctor (more than 2 weeks), attention must be paid to whether the skin becomes thinner (skin atrophy), whether tiny bleeding (telangiectasias) or skin strips due to damage to the elastic fibers (striae) or whether acne-like symptoms (steroid acne) occur. appear. In this case, inform your doctor.
Not known (cannot be estimated from the available data)
- blurred vision
- If you get any side effects, talk to your doctor or pharmacist. This also applies to side effects that are not specified.
SYSTRAL Hydrocort 0.5% hydrocortisone cream interactions
Use together with other medicines
- Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are using, have recently used, or might use any other medicines, including medicines obtained without a prescription.
- So far no interactions have become known.
SYSTRAL Hydrocort 0.5% hydrocortisone cream Contraindications
The cream should not be used
- if you are allergic to hydrocortisone or any of the other ingredients
- in chickenpox and vaccination reactions
- in syphilitic or tuberculous skin diseases
- with a simultaneous skin infection by bacteria or fungi, this must be treated separately
- in the case of certain skin inflammations in the area of the mouth (perioral dermatitis) or face (rosacea) accompanied by reddening and/or nodule formation
- during the first trimester of pregnancy
- In addition, the cream must not be used on or in the eyes!
pregnancy SYSTRAL Hydrocort 0.5% hydrocortisone cream and breast feeding period
- The cream must not be used during the first trimester of pregnancy. In later stages of pregnancy, the cream may only be used after a careful risk/benefit assessment by the doctor treating you. In particular, extensive or long-term use and occlusive dressings should be avoided during pregnancy.
- The active ingredient contained in the cream passes into breast milk. You should stop breastfeeding if you use it over a large area or for a longer period of time. Contact of the infant with the treated skin areas should be avoided.
SYSTRAL Hydrocort 0.5% hydrocortisone cream patient notes
Warnings and Precautions
- Please talk to your doctor or pharmacist before using the cream.
- If you experience blurred vision or other vision problems, contact your doctor.
- Children up to the age of 6 may only be treated if prescribed by a doctor.
Ability to drive and use machines
- There are no special precautions required.