TYROSUR tyrothricin in fungi wound healing powder
Tyrosur ® wound healing
powder powder for use on the skin
Active ingredient: Tyrothricin
Areas of application:
For the (soothing) treatment of small, superficial, less exuding wounds with bacterial superinfection with tyrothricin-sensitive pathogens such as cracks, scratches and abrasions.
For TYROSUR tyrothricin in fungi wound healing powder information on risks and side effects, read the package insert and ask your doctor or pharmacist.
Status: Nov 2015.
Engelhard Arzneimittel GmbH & Co.KG.
For the treatment of infected wounds.
TYROSUR tyrothricin in fungi wound healing powder Active ingredients
- 1 mg tyrothricin
- Lactose-1 water
- Macrogol 6000
- Silica, finely divided
TYROSUR tyrothricin in fungi wound healing powder Indication / application
- The preparation is a wound treatment agent.
The medicine is used
- for the treatment of small, superficial, less exuding wounds with bacterial superinfection with tyrothricin-sensitive pathogens such as B. Cracks, scratches, abrasions.
TYROSUR tyrothricin in fungi wound healing powder dosage
- Always use the medicine exactly as directed.
- Please ask your doctor or pharmacist if you are not sure.
Unless otherwise prescribed by your doctor, the usual dose is:
- The powder is sprinkled thinly on the affected areas of the skin 1 to 2 times a day.
Duration of application:
- The duration of treatment depends on the severity and course of the disease. After the symptoms have subsided, the preparation should be used for about a week to avoid repeated outbreaks of the infection.
- Please talk to your doctor or pharmacist if you have the impression that the effect of the medicine is too strong or too weak.
If you use more than you should:
- No consequences are to be expected. Then continue the treatment as previously described.
- However, if you notice any unusual symptoms, please contact your doctor.
If you forget to use:
- Continue treatment as directed in the dosage instructions.
Effects of stopping treatment:
- The duration of treatment depends on the severity and course of the disease.
- If you stop the treatment with the drug prematurely, the desired effect may not occur.
TYROSUR tyrothricin in fungi wound healing powder way
- Powder for use on the skin.
- The powder is sprinkled in a thin layer on the areas of skin to be treated in the morning (and in the evening) and, if necessary, covered with bandages.
- Like all medicines, the preparation can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them.
The assessment of side effects is based on the following frequencies:
- Very common: affects more than 1 in 10 people
- Common: affects 1 to 10 users in 100
- Uncommon: affects 1 to 10 users in 1,000
- Rare: affects 1 to 10 users in 10,000
- Very rare: less than 1 in 10,000 patients treated
- Not known: frequency cannot be estimated from the available data
possible side effects
Skin and subcutaneous tissue disorders
- Hypersensitivity symptoms can occur very rarely.
- Skin and subcutaneous tissue disorders
- If you get any side effects, talk to your doctor or pharmacist. This also applies to side effects that are not specified.
TYROSUR tyrothricin in fungi wound healing powder Interactions
When using the preparation with other drugs:
- There are no known drugs that influence the effect of the preparation or are influenced by the preparation.
- Please inform your doctor or pharmacist if you are taking / using or have recently taken / used any other medicines, including medicines obtained without a prescription.
The drug must not be used
- if you are hypersensitive (allergic) to the active ingredient or any of the other ingredients of the preparation.
TYROSUR tyrothricin in fungi wound healing powder pregnancy and breast feeding period
- There are no data on the safety of using the drug in pregnant women. Since it is not known to what extent tyrothricin, the active ingredient in the preparation, is absorbed into the bloodstream through the skin, you should only use the medicine for a short period and over small areas if you are pregnant and only if your doctor has instructed you to do so.
- It is not known whether tyrothricin, the active substance in the product, is excreted in breast milk. Do not apply the medicine to the breast area if you are breast-feeding.
- If you are breastfeeding, you may only use the preparation for a short time and over a small area and only on the express instructions of your doctor. Avoid contact of the infant with the treated skin areas.
TYROSUR tyrothricin in fungi wound healing powder Patient information
Driving and using machines:
- There are no special precautions required.